1. WHO WE ARE
Lanescape is a group of planning, design, and development professionals who have long considered laneway development to be a potential resource and opportunity for dense, urban cities to thoughtfully improve housing options in existing residential neighbourhoods.
In 2014, Lanescape set out to crowd-source an as-of-right zoning policy in the City of Toronto that would allow homeowners to easily and affordably build laneway suites. After 4 years of tireless effort consulting with communities, planning professionals, city staff, and municipal leaders, the City of Toronto approved and implemented as-of-right laneway housing by-laws in the summer of 2018.
Today, we are the leading authority on laneway development. Over the course of our advocacy efforts, our expertise in design and construction was integral to our success. With the Changing Lanes policy now in place, our experience in establishing the by-law now informs our design-build approach. Lanescape’s fundamental mandate centered on thoughtful, positive and sustainable development continues to permeate all facets of our practice throughout our ongoing advocacy efforts, approach to design and methods of construction delivery.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal information that we may collect falls into the following categories:
2.1 Information we collect directly
You may provide personal information to us through the Services. For example, when you sign up for, order, subscribe to, or make use of any of our Services, consult with our customer service team, or communicate with us.
We may also collect personal information, such as your contact details, when you attend our events, take part in surveys, or through other business or marketing interactions we may have with you. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us.
In all cases your provision of personal information to us is entirely voluntary. However, in the absence of such information, we may not be able to provide certain Services or information to you.
The personal information you provide may include:
- Contact Information: When setting up an account to access or subscribe to the Services, you will be asked to provide certain information, including contact information (such as name, address, email, or telephone number).
- Transaction Information: We will maintain a record of your purchases, transactional information, and your Services history. We may also retain your communications with us and our responses.
- Research Surveys: You may elect to provide information in connection with research surveys in which you voluntarily participate.
- Emails to Lanescape: If you send us emails, you should be aware that any information provided in an email may not be secure or encrypted and therefore may be available to others. Please exercise caution if you decide to disclose any personal or confidential information to us in email format.
- Employment Applicants: When applying for position with our team, we will ask you to send us your resume, portfolio and other pertinent information to assessing your qualifications for the role.
2.2 Information we collect from third party sources
- Third Party Sources: From time to time we may obtain personal information about you from third party sources, such as public databases, social networking services, third party data providers and our joint marketing partners. Examples of the information we may receive from third party sources include job title, company, location, updated contact information, and other demographic and professional information. We use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including personal information we collect), to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing and content to you and to develop and provide you with more relevant products, features, and services.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the personal information that we collect through the Services to:
- Provide the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts.
- Provide support and improve the Services and to manage system administration and security.
- Respond to your comments, inquiries, and requests and provide customer service.
- Link or combine information that we collect directly with information from third-party sources or multiple devices to help understand your needs, provide you with personalized content, and provide you with better service.
- Personalize and improve your experience and deliver content or features that match your profile and interests, including to show you targeted advertising as described in Tracking Technologies and Advertising and Analytics Services in Section 5 below. Please also review Section 6 below for further information about Your Choices/How to Opt Out.
- Send you marketing and promotional communications (in accordance with your personal preferences). Please see Your Choices/How to Opt Out in Section 6 below.
- Send you e-mail newsletters and alerts (in accordance with your newsletter and alerts preferences). Please see Your Choices/How to Opt Out in Section 6 below. 140 Yonge St. Suite 200 Toronto, ON M5C 1X6 416 414 9944 | email@example.com Page 3 of 5
- Perform statistical and marketing analyses of user behavior.
- Conduct surveys.
- Process and deliver promotions.
- Comply with or enforce legal requirements, agreements, and policies.
- Evaluate candidate submissions for employment opportunities.
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
4. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- Third Parties Providing Functionality: We also work with third parties to provide certain functionalities on the Services and to improve the effectiveness of the Services and its content. Separate and distinct from information Lanescape shares with third parties, third party companies may also use Tracking Technologies to independently collect and store information about you and your usage of the Services and may combine this information with information they collect from other sources. Please note, we do not control Tracking Technologies used by third parties, and their use of such Tracking Technologies may be governed by their own privacy policies.
- Mobile Carriers: If you access the Services through a device or app, we may share your information with mobile carriers, operating systems, and platforms.
- Compliance with Law: Lanescape may release information if it is required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) comply with the law or comply with legal process served on Lanescape; (2) protect and defend the legitimate business interests, rights or property of Lanescape, its users, advertisers, customers, sponsors, advertisers, or affiliates.
- Service Providers: Sometimes we need to share your information with our third-party service providers, who help us provide and support the Services and other business functions. For example, we use service providers to assist with the following: analyzing data, hosting data, engaging technical support, processing payments, delivering content, mailing statements to subscribers, email distribution, and providing customer service.
- Advertising Partners: We may partner with third party advertising networks and exchanges to display advertising on our websites or to manage and serve our advertising on other sites and may share your personal information with them for this purpose. Please see more information in Your Choices/How to Opt Out in Section 6 below.
- Organizational Changes: Should Lanescape undergo a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, Lanescape’s accumulated customer information will be treated as an asset and, like other business assets, subject to transfer to or acquisition by a third party. We may also disclose information about our users in connection with a commercial transaction where we, or any one of our businesses, is seeking financing, investment, support, or funding.
5. TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES, ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES
- Targeted Advertising: We and our third party partners and vendors may use Tracking Technologies, such as cookies, pixels, and web beacons and collect and store information about you when you use or interact with our Services, marketing communications, advertising content and/or third party websites, in order to provide you with targeted advertising based on your browsing activities and interests. These third parties automatically receive your IP address or mobile device identifier when you access the Services or third-party websites. They may also use Tracking Technologies to measure the effectiveness of advertisements, to personalize the advertising content, and to serve you advertisements that are relevant to your regional location. We may also use information collected using third party cookies and beacons on the Services and in our emails to deliver advertising about our Services when you visit third party websites.
- Analytics and Ad Serving: Google, Tealium and Site Catalyst are some of the companies that we use to serve advertising and perform analytics on some of the Services. When you access the Services, our third-party vendors, including Google, use third-party cookies (such as the Google DoubleClick cookie) to serve you ads based on your previous visit to our website and other websites. To learn more about your choices and in particular Google’s currently available opt-outs for the Web, please see Your Choices/How to Opt Out in Section 6 below.
6. YOUR CHOICES/HOW TO OPT OUT
- Email: Any recipient of email notices, newsletters, alerts, marketing e-mails, etc. may opt out of receiving them at any time. To opt out of receiving emails, follow the unsubscribe instructions located near the bottom of each service update, newsletter, or promotional email, or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Third Party Event Sponsors: If you do not wish for Lanescape to share the information you supply when you register for an event (including any webinars and events), such as your name, postal address, or email address, with the event’s sponsors, please specify this in an email to email@example.com.
- “Do Not Track” Signals: Some third party browsers provide “do not track” machine readable signals for websites which are automatically applied by default and therefore do not necessarily reflect our visitor’s choice as to whether they wish to receive advertisements tailored to their interests. As a result, at this time, Lanescape does not respond to browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms. Go to http://www.networkadvertising.org or http://www.aboutads.info if you wish to learn more about your options to not accept tracking cookies for the purpose of receiving targeted interest-based advertisements. Please note that the-opt out is cookie-based and will only affect the specific computer and browser on which the opt-out is applied.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
8. HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
To help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate technical, organizational, physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to protect the information we collect. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personally identifiable information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any social media or other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
To help protect the privacy of your own information, including maintaining the confidentiality of any account information or access credentials, we recommend you take precautions to protect the security of any personal information that you transmit over any public or untrusted network by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized persons from intercepting or receiving any of your personally identifiable information. You are responsible for the security of your information when using unencrypted, open access, public or otherwise unsecured networks.
9. HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION?
11. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us using the details below:
140 Yonge St, Suite 200, Toronto, ON M5C 1X6
416 414 9944